If you are a person who loves to wear summer sundresses, you may find you can't buy enough of them to meet your demands. Therefore, it's nice to know that you can easily make your own with items you already have on hand. This allows you to make many different types and styles so you can wear a new one every day without spending a fortune at the store. Follow the tips below to make your own sundresses, even if you aren't a professional seamstress.
Use a pillowcase
Some pillow cases have great looking flower patterns that would make a nice sundress. To make a sundress out of a pillowcase you like, follow these instructions:
- Cut open the closed end of the pillowcase and step inside it. Use pins to determine how much the upper portion of the dress needs to be taken in.
- Mark the parts you are going to need to cut, leaving about an inch on each side to allow room for sewing.
- Remove the pins, take the pillowcase off and turn it inside out.
- Cut off the excess and sew the edges shut.
- Take a piece of ribbon or other material being used as straps and cut them to the correct length to fit over your shoulders.
- Sew the straps on the dress and turn the dress right side out.
- Put the dress on and enjoy your new creation.
Use a long t-shirt
You can use a long t-shirt as a sundress and there is no cutting or stitching involved. To make a dress out of a t-shirt you like, follow these very simple instructions:
- Find a t-shirt with a loose collar and that hangs past your bottom when you have it on.
- Put the shirt on and pull each of your arms through the collar. The shirt will now be fitting you the same way a strapless dress would.
- Take the sleeves and wrap them around the front.
- Tie them together and use a couple safety pins to keep them in place.
- For a different style, you can tie the sleeves around the back and use safety pins to keep them in place.
- Your sundress is now complete and you can show off your creative idea to your friends.
Both of these methods will open you up to endless designs and patterns. You will have a great summer wearing a new sundress each and every single day of the week.Share